As you might have been seeing lately….the workforce is changing. Dramatically. Be it due to technology, social values, demographics, legislation, or any other reason, employers are finding themselves needing to make adjustments, quickly. The truth is, the workforce is now finding themselves with the power, forcing employers to change the way they do business, and hire quality staff.
What does this mean for you? Well, A LOT. Here are some facts about the changing landscape and some implications as a result.
- More than HALF of the current workforce are millennials.
- Skilled positions are being replaced by robotics and automation.
- One and done education and career learning models are DEAD.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
- Workers are demanding more freedom, autonomy, and balance. Remote workforces are more popular and will continue to grow.
- Technological updates are making a shift from labor skills to cognitive skills focusing on digital management, computer engineering, management and entrepreneurship.
- Employers need to include EXTENSIVE models of experienced based CONTINUOUS learning and development for employees.
Another huge shift…people are recognizing the NEED and the low barrier to entry for entrepreneurship. With the internet, social media, and ability to essentially start a business from the comfort of their own home, studies show that entrepreneurs will make up more than 40% of the entire workforce by the end of 2020.
Not everyone can be an entrepreneur. I have so much appreciation and respect for those who are dedicated to being monumentally successful in their current or future corporate positions. But for me, I know that the above is scary and somewhat overwhelming! I want to be an entrepreneur…but so does everyone else.
My call to you. WHATEVER you do, make sure it SERVES you and your greater vision. If you want to be an entrepreneur, and do it successfully, but don’t know how to get started or even want you to do…I can help you.
I hope you enjoyed the quick read! And remember, what is it costing you to NOT live the life you want?