Wellness coaching is a growing profession. Why? People are seeing the great benefits and results!
Wellness coaching just happens to be one of the fastest growing professions around today. It seems like…fortunately…everyone is getting on the wellness train! Hip hip hooray for healthy trends! But having said that, chronic conditions are still prevalent. With obesity, hypertension, and diabetes effecting 75%+ of the population, and costing upwards of $250+ billion of healthcare costs, it seems that wellness coaching still have a daunting job to do.
First off….what exactly is a wellness coach? Unlike personal trainers who just focus on fitness and nutritionists that look solely at diet, wellness coaches tend to focus on the person as a WHOLE, maximizing balance between all areas of life and wellness. Think of it as like….a Julian Michaels meets Tony Robbins. Or something.. 🙂
Wellness coaches can work in conjunction with physicians or medical clinics, or operate as an independent entity. Considering their ability to work with clients essentially anywhere, more and more people are finding benefit in and seeing great results from working with one of these coaches! Here are 3 reasons why:
- Accessibility and accountability – sometimes, you just need that one person to slap your hand when you reach for the last cookie in the jar. Or that extra spoonful of peanut butter…if you’re me… Think of wellness coaches, well, like an actual coach! To encourage you, teach you, motivate you, stick with you through the tough times, and be your cheerleader through the good times. Wellness coaches are like your personal health advocate, who truly hold your best interests at heart and believes enough IN you that you can accomplish whatever your goals are. Not only that, but thanks to the ole’ internet, wellness coaching can be done virtually through pretty much anywhere. I have a client in Cali who I work with via telephone, sometimes skype, and if they need guidance on an exercise move…a simple Zoom or Youtube upload tutorial (or even facetime) can knock that out pretty quickly and easily! Accessibility and accountability…2 things we ALL need.
- Behavior change is hard – say for example you go to the doctor and he says, “Hey, you have high blood pressure. Change your diet and your exercise routine, along with these meds, and you should see improvement. See you in 6 months.” Though he’s left you with a general overview of what to do to improve your help, the HOW to do it may still leave you quite baffled. Not to mention, be honest in how likely you are to do this with only a suggestion. Behavior change is hard. Especially for those who must undergo MAJOR behavior and lifestyle changes. And usually, physicians aren’t trained in behavior change, nor do they have the time to continuously follow up and coach a patient through their post-care protocols. Enter…the wellness coach. Wellness coaches can make deciphering this plan a lot easier, by giving you guidance on how to implement these suggestions. Not only that, wellness coaches usually have the experience to tie in mindfulness and emotional change strategies that help induce sustainable behavior change.
- Wellness coaches are a 1 stop shop – last bust not least, wellness coaches are like a ‘wellness class pass’ if you will. Pay a fee for access to all of their services. Not just training, not just nutrition, but some help you through other elements such as stress reduction, goal setting, time management, life balance, career transitions, relationships…essentially anything can impact an individuals wellness. Essentially they will help you make overall general better LIFESTYLE choices that will benefit you as a whole, and focus on your strengths.
Many of us have a vision of our ideal life. It could be via a business idea, career, or physical appearance. And though wellness coaches aren’t physicians, healthcare professionals or trained nutritionists or business coaches, setting goals with a wellness coach allows you to focus on your physical and mental wellness that in turn proves beneficial to your endeavors in all other areas of life. With our motivation, guidance, knowledge, training and accountability, your chances of success are much..MUCH higher.
INTERACT with me and tell me what YOU want to read! As an entrepreneur, my goal is not success, but service. And sometimes they are a direct relationship of each other! Thank you for 200 followers! Let’s change the world together.
How many of you have heard about the importance of “the power of small wins”? As an entrepreneur, this is probably one of the most important points that you can focus on. Why? Deciding to be an entrepreneur is often a life-long dedication to nothing but FOCUSED DETERMINATION and ENDLESS WORK. And sometimes this is a draining, and often discouraging endeavor. As an entrepreneur, you’ve got to focus on and value the small wins, or small successes that you achieve, for that will provide motivation and a re-energizing of your determination and drive. For me, being a health and wellness entrepreneur, I choose to share this information for the free benefit of everyone who comes in contact with it. And to me, causing even 1 person to learn something new, or make a beneficial change in their lives is a HUGE win.
This morning, I woke up to 200 followers to this blog. I hope this means that people are finding value in the information I’m putting out there. In an effort to increase this even further….I want YOU to write me and let me know what YOU want to hear or read about. LET’S HEAR IT! And on top of that….a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who chooses to contribute to my goal of changing the world by bringing out the BEST in everyone. Let’s keep adventuring to this optimal goal TOGETHER! ❤
Health is more than just physical fitness. It’s feeling good from the inside out, which starts with a healthy mind! See what the happiest most successfully healthy people do each day, in my opinion 🙂
Many resources today focus on health as a product of diet and exercise, or, physical fitness and proper nutrition. However, a sense of holistic health is way more than these two components! Many of you have heard that a healthy body begins with a healthy mind, and that in fact is true. Mental health is just as important, if not more so, than fitness and nutrition, for external forces such as stress has the same effect on the body as does improper nutrition and inactivity. Successfully healthy people focus on holistic health, and begin with the right state of mind. Check below on my opinion of the 10 things that set these people apart from the crowd!
- They DECIDE to be happy and healthy. – There is no more powerful influence than that of autosuggestion. If you decide to be happy, positive thoughts will follow, as well as positive actions! Decide to think negative thoughts, and the opposite holds true as well. You’ll be surprised how much one positive thought can influence your entire day!
- They focus ONLY on what is important that they can control. – Many people get bogged down and overwhelmed with decisions and choices that aren’t even theirs in the first place. Selectively focus your thoughts on the things you can fully control, like your happiness and health, your body will thank you for it!
- They have a POSITIVE attitude and outlook on life. – Healthy people see the good in everything. They make positive learning experiences from negative failures and not let it effect their mental or physical wellness. And, positive attitudes are contagious! So surround yourself with those who have similar positive attitudes.
- They surround themselves with positively influential people. – The body and brain have powerful things called “mirror neurons” meaning they tend to reflect their most immediate surroundings. Surround yourself with people who have similar goals, interests, and drives to mimic their positivity and success, and reflect it in your life.
- They accept themselves for who they are and LOVE the skin they’re in. – Mentally healthy people are so because of how they FEEL, not necessarily how they look. Though proper fitness and nutrition have positive effects on the exterior, mental health begins with a general acceptance of who you are, and don’t aspire to be anyone else.
- They focus on experiences rather than material things. – Yes, sufficient income takes many worries away, but after all, material things don’t last, and money isn’t the answer to all! Successfully healthy people focus on experiences; time with friends, travel, events, activities, etc, that stimulate the mind and create lasting memories that can never be taken away.
- They meditate. – Recently there has been a huge push on how beneficial meditation is on the mind and body. Take even a few minutes out of your day to practice mindfulness, and re-center yourself, clear your head and allow space for the positive to enter, and the negative to not weigh you down. Meditation doesn’t necessarily need to be just that, meditation, but make sure you take time to focus on something that brings you happiness, whether it be yoga, reading, time with children, or whatever your “relief” activity may be.
- They avoid social media, or take it with a grain of salt. – This might be one of the most important. I, myself have been victim to feeling jealousy or sorry for myself when I scroll through the media. I see prettier people or people living to be what seems to be a more fun and fulfilling life. This is detrimental to your own happiness, and comparison is the root of all evil. Cut down your time on social media if this is something that bothers you, or avoid it altogether. And remember, social media only highlights the most pristine times in ones life, and doesn’t show the hardship. But trust me, everyone…EVERYONE…has those moments.
- They take time to go on adventures. – Burnout and being overworked are serious situations these days. Many times people just need an escape. Be sure to set aside some time to visit a new place, try new things, see new sights, and spend time with family and friends doing adventurous things that will have a positive impact on your mental wellbeing.
- They make nutrition and physical fitness their TOP priority. – And last but not least, they actually DO make nutrition and physical fitness their TOP priority. Some might question this after family, friends, religion, etc, but after all, YOU are the only thing in this world you can 100% COMPLETELY control. You will be at your best to practice the other 9 things if your body and mind are in synch!
Try to incorporate these things into your daily life, and see if it makes a difference! Remember, holistic health is finding BALANCE amongst all aspects of your surroundings, and making the choice for your lifestyle to be full of wellness.
The MOST comprehensive list of MUST DO events, hikes, races, or general fitness accomplishments, from all over the WORLD.